Monday, December 3, 2012

The Power of Perception




Couple years ago my company - Azure Knowledge Corporation, completed a  decade of growing operations. To mark the landmark the company organized an in-house painting competition for all those who wished to participate. Almost everyone did. I did too.

We were informed about the competition and its theme two days before the event.

The theme for the competition was “My Azure” (Not related to Windows Azure).    

Since, I have a passion for sketching, painting and colors of course; I too participated in it. To be very honest, I held the brush and dipped them in  colors after almost two decades.

With having two days on hand, I started to perceive in my mind as to what I would sketch and paint on a theme which I haven’t worked on, ever before.

The picture above is exactly what my mind perceived and my right hand did the rest. I sketched a very famous landmark in one of the fastest growing cities in western India - Ahemdabad and splashed colors on to it. 

The competition was tough with hundreds of participants and excellent paintings each one had, I thought my ordinary painting would not stand a chance at all, but to my utter disbelief and surprise I stood THIRD.

All credits to The Power of Perception.

I believe if we use this power positively; our World surely would be peaceful and harmonious to live in.

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used in your painting, and what a great idea for a company contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many many thanks for your appreciation and comment. In fact, you are first to comment on any of my blog posts, which I'll cherish for lifetime to come.

      Glad you liked it, Laura.

      Delete

Thank You for your time to check this out and posting a comment. I appreciate it.