Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Old Man Walking...



I was told I was born
on a date,
in that month,
years ago.
Don’t really know
it to be true, but
accepted what
was told
and celebrated
year after year after year.

I faintly remember holding
fingers of father and mother
or those who adored me,
in those years of infancy.

I pleasantly recall laying my
hand on those committed warm palms,
who would hold mine with love.

Hugged, cajoled, admired;
I grew up to a naughty child
and then to a hard working youth
with a bit of haughtiness within me,
which diluted when struggles of life
took over and I overtook them without
any aid.

How can I forget getting married
to a beautiful lady years ago, who changed me
from a child to a man with a lot of backing
of culture, love, and heart.

It then was my turn to foster kids,
make them strong and kind enough
to beat the rustic world outside,
with a hope, I wouldn’t need a stick
to support me later.

Years later growing old and shaken
accompanied with squeaky joints and tired body;
I tend to realize I need a walking stick
to help me walk a mile.

Have times shaken so much
that the child who shot me
from behind has had shaky hands;
resulting in a blurred picture,
which does not reflect my
present situation at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your time to check this out and posting a comment. I appreciate it.